Spaghetti Bridge PD Workshop (Brisbane)
Event Phone: 07 3102 7394
- BNE Spag Bridge Wshop
4:00 pm - 6:30 pm
To support the Spaghetti Bridge Competition, The Engineering Link Group is offering teachers of Southern Queensland a professional development workshop.
The Spaghetti Bridge Competition is proudly supported by the Department of Transport and Main Roads, and Engineers Australia (Qld Division).
Hosted by TAFE Queensland Brisbane, the workshop will consist of two parts:
- A presentation by a civil engineer on the physics and engineering of building a bridge.
- A presentation and Q & A session with TELG staff, providing advice and strategies on how to run the competition in your school. This will also include resources and curriculum materials to support your students and teachers.
The workshop will be at TAFE South Brisbane, H block, room 5027.
Afternoon tea will be provided.
Attendance at this session is free.
Objectives of a LEaST workshop:
- Demonstrate context-based teaching and learning to secondary science, engineering studies and mathematics (STEM) teachers.
- Offer a range of real experiences in the engineering world, from which to draw contexts for teaching.
- Provide potential contacts of local engineers and scientists, who could provide further contextual experiences and advice in the future.
- Extrapolate these experiences and models into the classroom.
Teachers learn about the roles of engineers and scientists in society and how their problem solving approaches can be applied to teaching in context. We also supply resource materials for current or developing contexts in Physics, Chemistry, Technology and Applied Studies and Mathematics, gathered from workshops held in three states. The program gives teachers direct experience with science and engineering so that they can motivate and engage their students in maths and science-based study.
Venue: TAFE Qld Brisbane
Venue Phone: 137248Address:
TAFE Queensland Brisbane is where over 40,000 local and international students get their world-class education and training each year. Practical, hands-on classes combined with state-of-the-art facilities and purpose-built learning areas make us a standout amongst training providers. Better than that though, many of our facilities are acknowledged by industry as being amongst the best in Australia. All of this makes us incredibly proud. But wait, there’s more!